Jewels of Alaska
Welcome to Alaska. A haven for nature lovers, this US state is home to sweeping landscapes, calving glaciers and spectacular national parks.
6 nights from £2565pp
Call us on 01756 706505 (+44 1756 706505) to discuss this holiday
Save up to 10% on selected departures. T&Cs apply.
While here you'll have the opportunity to explore the iconic Denali National Park and to immerse yourself in its natural beauty, which is abundant in wildlife and breathtaking views. SHIPBOARD CREDIT WITH ROOM UPGRADE BOOK BY 28 FEB 2020.
Jewels of Alaska Itinerary
Day 1 Anchorage, the City of Lights and Flowers.
Welcome to Alaska, an adventurous land of wildlife, mountains, forests and open spaces. Upon arrival at Anchorage International Airport, you'll be transferred to your hotel. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner at MUSE, located in the Anchorage Museum, a venue dedicated to studying and exploring the land, people, art and history of Alaska. Meals: Dinner with Wine
Day 2 Anchorage Sightseeing to Talkeetna.
Get acquainted with Anchorage with an included city tour. Enjoy an exclusive Agutak (Eskimo Ice Cream) making demonstration by Alaska's first people during a visit to the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center. Learn how this culinary treat establishes a link to the past, inspires a sense of pride and spurs a dialogue about an ancient people’s remarkable ability to survive. In the afternoon, depart Anchorage for the quaint community of Talkeetna, nestled at the base of Mount Denali, North America's tallest peak. Upon arrival, meet a bush pilot who will share fascinating stories about the joys and hazards of flying in rural Alaska. The evening is yours at leisure, so ask your Travel Director for suggestions on where is best to head for a bite to eat. Meals: Breakfast
Day 3 Journey Along the Alaskan Railroad.
This morning is yours to explore more of Talkeetna. Later in the morning board the world-famous Alaskan Railroad train for a spectacular journey over swift-rushing streams, towards Denali National Park and Preserve. View the majestic surroundings from the comfort of your glass-domed railcar before meeting a local climber who will tell stories about what it's like to brave a climb up the tallest land-based mountain in the world. In the evening, enjoy a Highlight Dinner hosted by Alaska Cabin Nite Dinner Theater. This theatrical dinner mixes old-time Alaska with storytelling, music and humour as you join a cast of characters in a tale of adventure in 1900s Alaska. The menu includes hearty Alaskan classics such as salmon, barbeque ribs and corn. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
Day 4 Denali National Park, the Crown Jewel of the Alaskan Wilderness.
With the Denali National Park and Preserve just a short drive away from your hotel, you'll find a number of ways to enjoy the Alaskan wilderness on your own, or spend the day partaking in one of our optional activities. From an exciting rafting trip down the Nenana River(8) to a helicopter flightseeing tour or a Denali Wilderness walking tour, the choice is yours – just don't forget your camera! End the day back at your lodge and enjoy panoramic views of your surroundings at night. Meals: Breakfast
Day 5 Girdwood and Mount Alyeska.
Enjoy a scenic journey on the George Parks Highway. After lunch, meet the champion dog team of four-time Iditarod winner, Martin Buser and learn about the challenges of competing in the 1,049-mile (1,688 km) dogsled race. Journey on the Seward Highway along Turnagain Arm with its dramatic views, before arriving in the town of Girdwood, home of the Alyeska Resort and ski area. Ride the aerial gondola for sweeping views of the mountains and sea. The evening is free for you to enjoy. You'll get some shut eye at the luxurious Hotel Alyeska, which is nestled in a lush valley surrounded by mountain peaks, hanging glaciers and spectacular ocean views. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 6 Prince William Sound Cruise.
Today is devoted to the 26-Glacier Cruise through Prince William Sound and College Fjord, where you will come up close and personal with the glaciers. Visit with the Captain in the Wheelhouse and enjoy an included lunch. In the evening, join your Travel Director for a wonderful Celebration Dinner, featuring a variety of local seafood specialties, complete with wine and good cheer. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner with Wine
Day 7 Seward and Return to Anchorage.
Visit the aquariums of the Alaska Sealife Center in Seward and enjoy an exclusive presentation about their marine research and rehabilitation programme. Have lunch and explore downtown at your own pace. Your Travel Director will be on hand to give you a few recommendations. Return to Anchorage and transfer to the airport or head to the trip hotel for guests extending their stay. Airport arrival will be at 17:00. Meals: Breakfast
- Anchorage: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner at MUSE, located in the Anchorage Museum.
- Denali: A night of fun, festivity and food awaits during your Highlight Dinner. Get a taste of old-time Alaska at a boisterous dinner theatre.
- Girdwood: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner featuring a variety of local seafood specialities and wine.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Talkeetna: Interact with a local bush pilot who will regale you with tales of the joys and challenges of flying in rural Alaska.
- Anchorage: Enjoy an exclusive presentation on making Agutak (Eskimo ice cream) by Alaska's first people during a visit to the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center.
- Denali: Meet a local climber at a private reception and hear first-hand about their experience climbing the tallest land-based mountain in the world.
- Big Lake: Enjoy a chance to meet the dogs of a championship dog musher and learn about Alaskan Huskies and Arctic dog sleigh racers.
- Seward: Enjoy a guided, behind the scenes tour of the SeaLife Centre to learn about the scientific research and wildlife response efforts that support Alaska's marine ecosystems.
Stay in Style
- Anchorage: The Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa is one of the finest accommodations in the city.
- Denali: The Grande Denali Lodge offers panoramic views of the entire canyon.
- Alyeska: The luxurious Hotel Alyeska is nestled in a lush valley surrounded by mountain peaks, hanging glaciers, and spectacular ocean views.
Top Rated Highlights
- Anchorage: Enjoy a guided orientation tour of the downtown area.
- Alaskan Railroad: Relax on this flagship train and enjoy stunning scenery, all the way to Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Denali National Park: Enjoy Denali National Park and Preserve on your terms.
- Girdwood: Ride the aerial tram to the top of Mt. Alyeska for panoramic views.
- Prince William Sound: Experience majestic glaciers on your cruise.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.