Includes return flights from the UK. Discover remarkable landscapes, storied history and charming cultures as you traverse Eastern European countries such as Romania and Serbia on this invigorating adventure.
7 nights from £2845pp
Call us on 01756 706505 (+44 1756 706505) to discuss this holiday
Balkan Gems Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Budapest, Embark Ship
Fly from the UK to Budapest and be transferred to your river ship. After dinner on board, set off on a twilight cruise through the city and be enchanted by the lights of the remarkable Hungarian capital. Accommodation: Seven Nights: Concerto River Ship
Day 2: Bratislava
Admire Bratislava on a guided tour.
Day 3: Vienna
Arrive in Vienna and take in a number of the city’s most important landmarks as you enjoy a guided orientation tour.
Day 4: Budapest
During a guided tour of Budapest, visit the Hungarian Parliament. A magnificent example of neo-Gothic architecture, the building is now over 100 years old and houses the old House of Lords and the Hungarian Crown Jewels.
Day 5: Mohács, Pécs
Enjoy your selected sightseeing tour in Mohács today.
Day 6: Belgrade
Enjoy your selected sightseeing tour in Belgrade today. On a tour of Serbia’s capital, see the Belgrade Fortress and the Serbian Orthodox Temple of St Sava. Alternatively, take a bike ride or visit a brandy distillery for a tasting. Later, enjoy some free time in the city centre to stroll along Prince Michael Street, the city’s main shopping district.
Day 7: Iron Gates
Cruise through one of Europe’s most awe-inspiring natural wonders, the Iron Gates. Here, the Danube narrows as it winds through a series of magnificent gorges between Serbia and Romania.
Day 8: Giurgiu, Disembark Ship, Depart Bucharest
After a final breakfast on board, it is time to bid farewell as you disembark your luxurious river ship for the last time. You will be transferred to Bucharest airport for your return flight to the UK.
- Take a fully guided tour through the vibrant Serbian city of Belgrade, rich in history and beauty.
- Sail through the dramatic Iron Gates gorge, where the Danube narrows as it winds between Serbia and Romania.
- Attend a private classical concert featuring members of the Mozart's Boys Choir at the City Palace in Vienna.
- All accommodation with selected meals
- Return flights from the UK
- Overseas transfers
- Special Signature Experiences and guided excursions
- Freedom of Choice excursions and dining in selected locations
- APT Tour Director
- Port charges and tipping where applicable